Hey guys! I know its been a while but as we all know school has just begun as well as stress, deadlines, and homework leaving us no time for ourselves. So I decided to share with you my top 5 makeup items that can help give a little life to your face instead of walking in your class looking like a corpse. If you would like a video tutorial using these items please let me know in the comments. Also any video like a ‘back to school makeup’ or ‘quick and easy hairstyles’ I will try to do for you if that what you would like.
- BHcosmetics Contour and Blush Palette– I have been using this palette since Christmas and it has been amazing. This palette is really good for beginners especially if you are interested in learning a bit more about simple contour tricks. I know the dark bronzing color may seem a bit intimidating, but trust me it works great on a wide variety of skin tones. The blush colors are very pigmented and again works great with a lot of skin tones. As for the concealing colors and highlight, they are perfect for those who don’t want a full foundation coverage. Simply put concealer on your dark circles, acne, or any redness that you wish to cover. This can be found on their website or Urban Outfitters for about $12.
- L’OREAL Paris Hydrofuge Voluminous Carbon Black-This mascara is very “carbon black”. It gives your eye the illusion that you are also wearing eyeliner. Even if you don’t use this mascara there are others that you can simply apply several coats to give that same effect. This is a drugstore item so the prices may vary from $7-$9 depending where you get it from.
- NYX Micro Brow Pencil– As you can tell by the picture this has been my go to item everyday. I’ve never been a fan of coloring in my eyebrows until really recently I noticed it frames my face very well. This pencil is a great dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz. You can purchase this at a drugstore as well. I got mine for about $10 at Target and it has lasted me a good bit.
- Bobbi Brown Lipstick– Ok guys, I know we all can’t go and buy every single shade of lipsticks. HOWEVER, do not be ashamed of going into a beauty store and asking for a sample. They are a huge money saver and last you for a really good while. Unfortunately, I don’t remember the name of this lipstick, but it is a very nice, not too bold, pink shade that looks great with almost every summer outfit. (Optional) toping your lipstick with a nice lip gloss gives it a very good shiny finish if that’s what you’re into.
- Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner– Now if you do have time to add some eyeliner I highly recommend this one for a long-lasting wear. If you are not comfortable using gel liner then I recommend using a pen liner or even pencil to put on your top lid. I’ve had this for a very long time so I believe the price for this one may be around $6 or $7 found at almost every drugstore.