The moment I saw that I hadn’t posted in 4 months I knew I had to speed this process up. I had given myself a break to think about the blog’s potential and what I really wanted to do with it. It’s still the same ole’ me but a bit more new and revised 😉 I want this to be a place where I can escape and write about what I love the most. After a lot of planning, I can finally say that “This Is Jocelyne” is now live!
I plan on giving reviews, small talks, tutorials, and sharing my artistic work. Believe me, I’m no professional! If there is anything you guys would want to see or discuss, I would be more than happy to post about it.
I hope you guys like this new look and plan on staying here a while. This journey has just begun.
A couple of months ago I received this shirt form a family friend that told me that I would find some use to it even though it was not my sized. She was right. This oversized button down is now one of my favorite go to dresses. I simply added a thin belt, rolled up my sleeves and there you have it. A simple casual dress that is perfect for any sunny afternoon. You can definitely dress this up with a cute cross body purse and popping jewelry. This is a great way to reuse some old clothing and/or even your old dad’s shirts could work (he doesn’t have to know)
Hello everyone! I have some awesome news for you. There will now be full published post on my campus newspaper, The Inkwell, before they get posted anywhere else. Please go check it out and don’t forget to follow on all their social media. I know this is not one of my usual post, however I decided to share with you my top 5 tips on your everyday college lifestyle for the everyday college student. If you are starting college or already in your second year then these tips will definitely come in handy.
Alert: The forecast you are reading is a lie
– If you are from Savannah ( or any part of GA) then you already know what I’m talking about. This weather will go from the perfect summer day to “Let me swim to my car!” To avoid this, simply carry a small umbrella or rain jacket that’s not so bulky and can fit inside your bag. I’m telling you from experience, sitting in your class soaked is not fun.
Today is not your cheat day
– Working out may not be what’s on your usual schedule. However, keeping a gym bag ready in your car is a great motivation for you to hit the gym. Even if you go by yourself, the results will pay off and you will definitely feel good about yourself in the end. “Freshman 15” will not even come close.
Bad hair day
– Ladies, I hate to bring it to you but those wand curls are not going to last through your lunch date in this sun. To solve this problem, always keep some bobby pins, hair bows, and travel size bottles of hairspray and/or dry shampoo in your purse. Throw up a cute high pony tail or half up hairdo to solve your flatten frizzy hair. Guys, you know the drill: baseball cap. For the few out there that actually care and don’t wear caps, take a travel size gel bottle and a tiny tooth comb to fix yourself in the bathroom or in between classes.
My classroom is an igloo
– You know the moment after walking across campus in that dreadful sun then feeling like a new person as soon as you walk into your nice and cool classroom? I bet you also know that feeling comes to an end pretty quickly. Before you know it, your sweat turns into icicles. Well, maybe not that bad, but you get the point. So, to fix this problem, carry a thin cardigan or jacket that you can easily put on without over heating yourself.
– Yea we know you are. An easy way to stay hydrated is avoiding plastic water bottles. They soak up your money faster then Bounty and are not good for our environment. Instead, buy one thermal bottle and refill the same bottle throughout the day. You can even add in some fruits or powders for some extra flavor in your drink.